Friday, March 11, 2011

It's Funny Friday


Ya know that old expression "never say never" weLLLLLL, I really hate to admit this but it's true.  A few weeks ago I really came down hard of her when she bought Darth Vader, I told you I hated him and tried to throw him down into the entryway...I was wrong.  And I am sorry, I never dreamed she would be making such pretty things.
  Here is a sample of what they did in her second to last sewing class.  They learned about patchwork quilting, free motion quilting, embellishments and "couching" (that's the yellow cord), she sews it on any way she wants it to wind.  This is her practice piece from class.  I am so proud of her, really. 
Notice her choice of fabric scraps?  Yup, CHRISTMAS.  She is hopeless.  We call her "the Christmas elf".

Sew, oops, I mean so... (giggle) it's Friday again and another week is behind us.  I haven't been doing much - sorta "spring fever" I guess.
But one thing never changes, and that is how much we LOVE YOU.  We are so honored to have you as our friends, a part of our "hug", we're truly blessed.  Thank you.

We all wish you a wonderful weekend, filled to the brim with love, laughter and BLESSINGS.

Hugs,
Prudence

Nooooooooooooooooo, not another one!!!  Do you see my name anyplace?  Ouch, my shoulder hurts.

Actually, it's a little pin cushion that someone made for her.  Gosh, I can't even remember how long she has had it.  I would bet 12 years, yeah, I say a good 12 years.  The big one is a wee bit older.  No, heck a lot bit older.  I think it goes back to the late 80's.  If your counting on your fingers how old she could be, her b-day is February 1, 1892.
Okay, I'm outta here, after saying that I could end up as the "main" course at the carpet picnic tonight.  Oh, and it's "Frosty Paws" night (T) for the girls. Oh, and then on Saturday we have an "anniversary" party for Jessie, we adopted her on March 12, 2008.


Anniversary Girl

She wants to say something:  "Frosty Paws (T) is made by Purina,(doggy ice cream made from soy) just go to their website.
   It's low fat & low calorie and can be found in the ice cream section of your grocery store.  Their site has a list of stores that carries it.  Our girls each get a dixie cup on Friday night, after their 8 o'clock potty time.  I let it sit out for 20 minutes,  just to take the initial chill off."

14 comments:

  1. A pleasure to read again,love the Christmas Quilt,crazy about Christmas too!!Love your dog,

    Big hugs,and have a great weekend!
    Leny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Leny,

    Thank you. We certainly do love our doggies. Adn boy, do they love us back.

    Happy Weekend & Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Prudence, Sissy and Lulu, we have a house FULL tonight. Yup the Clan's all here and to-morrow we're off to Rivington to see if anyone can find new friends to go and live with. So there's a lot of excitement and a bit of anxiety at the thought of strange placest. LT is busy making bearth certificates and we have to be there at 8 o'clock, so a very early start for us all. Have a great weekend.

    Alan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Prudence...you sweet thing! How good of you to admit you were wrong to toss Darth Vader over the railing... It isn't always easy to admit you were wrong.
    Um..you WERE sincere weren't you? But of course you were.
    I love how "spunky" you are...

    M really is getting into that sewing machine, isn't she?:) Tickles me because I remember being that way about mine so many years ago.

    Prudence...thank you for your well wishes..(more tests are being done but I am sure they will all be fine.) :) With you and M in my corner and all the gang how could I be anything else?!
    Love and HUGE hugs!
    Mona

    ReplyDelete
  5. hello dear friends,
    oh how you are beautiful to watch and very elegant glasses.
    that good work you have done in patchwork,is beautiful!!you are wonderful.big big hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good Morning duendes & Elves,

    Thank you. We love hearing from you and visiting your wonderful Blog.

    Blessings, Happy Weekend

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Miss Mona,

    Thank you. I'm not always naughty - just most of the time. Giggle.

    Heaps of Hugs
    Prudence

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Mr. Alan,

    WOW, have a wonderful trip. Bet Miss LT is all excited. Tell the Clan to have fun and maybe bring home a new brother or sister. (o:

    Heaps of Hugs
    Prudence, Sissy & LuLu

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello my new friends, many thanks! I loved the quilt, you're very good to do it!
    And a happy weekend to you too with sun.
    Woof,woof,

    Chicco

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Chicco,

    Hope you have a "tail wagging" day filled with sunshine, love & doggy treats.

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Girls, we're all home again! Well, we left Tupelo and Willow with LT's mum and dad as they have prospective new parents who work with LT's dad, but we will see if either of them toddles back up the motorway again in a few weeks with LT's mum...

    Lots of hugs and sticky, honey covered kisses

    The Clan

    ReplyDelete
  12. a pleasure to read this post, I love the bunny with the egg, very sweet!!
    have a good week dear Prudence and all the other girls...
    hugs
    Astrid

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good Morning Astrid,

    Thank you. And thank you for dropping by, we enjoy your visits.

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Clan,

    It sounds like LT had a very successful show. I know Tupelo & Willow will be very happy with their new "hug".

    Hugs,
    Prudence

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for writing, I love to receive mail and comments on my posts. Thank you for dropping by and have a most blessed day. Hugs, Prudence