Friday, August 29, 2014

Main Street USA

 Friday's Main Street
by Prudence
This is my first Main Street USA motor tour and we are in
Burnsville, NC
Yancey County
Traveling northeast of Weaverville, about 29 miles we come to a very lovely small town names Burnsville.


 Hensley Historical House
Restaurant
This is where we had lunch, it is the Hensley House and is 200 years old, now a wonderful, charming restaurant.  The day was so bee-u-tee-ful that we ate in the front yard.
The town is built around the town square, 4 roads lead to the square, North Main, South Main, East Main, and West Main St.  No traffic lights, no stop signs, when you are at the crosswalk everyone stops to let you cross.
Town Square
Beauty in The Park
Bed & Breakfast on the square
Times Journal Building
Isn't this wonderful, it's painted on the brick building.
I saved the best for last.  We were walking around the town square and this church's bell was playing, you just wanted to stand there and let the music embrace you.
Higgins Memorial United Methodist Church.

I hope you enjoyed the tour, I loved showing you around and spending time with you.  I wish you a most wonderful weekend and Happy Labor Day, if you travel please be safe.

Heaps of Hugs
Prudence
*************


They're home, it's like they didn't miss a beat......(poor me)
 "Annoying, getting in the way, mischievous, brats, naughty, not listening, yes, the bears are home!

6 comments:

  1. Those little kids sure muck up when you are not home Prudence. I just loved seeing the tour of Burnsville. Not a bad place to have lunch in the sun. We loved the village square.
    I think you could put in for the job as tour operator Prudence.
    Hugs Wilbur.

    ReplyDelete
  2. *Ahem* That was all well and good on that tour, very picturesque and all, but didn't you forget some people?! *hands on hips, feet tapping*

    The Clan, Jack & Boo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved the tour Prudence! It reminds me of some of the towns here in Georgia. It looks like you had perfect weather too.
    Enjoy your weekend,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved the tour Prudence ... thank you! Please tell Joyce that I've been trying to email her but keep getting the emails bounced back as non-deliverable. Maybe she can email me?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi my dear friend,
    What a beautiful place and delicious sunny day . Days as this may repeat itself more often.
    Elves.
    My niece is living in California this year to attend the University of San marcos.She is very happy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like everyone had a wonderful time.I love traveling, just not on labor day-way too much traffic out here.We were out in it to bumper to bumper

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for writing, I love to receive mail and comments on my posts. Thank you for dropping by and have a most blessed day. Hugs, Prudence