Friday, August 31, 2018

Moving on........

It's Funny Friday
by Prudence

Well, what a week it has been.  Last week Mom's confidence in her needle felting was shaken, she was very shaken and annoyed.  Not going into detail, but some folks shouldn't make a comment when they don't know what they are talking about and don't have a clue about the ART of needle felting.
Baby Giraffe was the subject
I came home and this is what I did to my baby giraffe, who by the way, I was thrilled with, with her innocent and whimsical look.
"You'll improve as you go". 
"What are you crafting?"
"Okay, STOP - back up - needle felting isn't crafting, it is an art form,  ART FORMART, recognized as ART.  It's not sitting down and sticking a needle in wool and bingo, instant picture, critter, painting, it's creative art, by an artist, whether new or experienced - we are artists.

Enough, it's been forgotten and the source isn't worth spending time on anymore.  Yes, I am a beginner, and yes I am learning and growing, and yes I am serious at what I am doing. And yes - I make mistakes - oh boy do I ever - I am a student, learning ART."
Back toes going on now.
I'm so proud of Mom, this time she is standing firm on this subject and speaking up, expressing her opinion (which she usually doesn't do). 
Knees next and I think it's time for spots.
here is the true meaning of "fiber artist", Irene teaches locally and I take every class.
Irene is also a teddy bear artist known nationwide.

Have a wonderful and safe Labor Day Weekend.
See you in September (giggle).
Heaps of Hugs,
Prudence
(Giggle, GO MOM, she says she feels empowered now, yay mom!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for writing, I love to receive mail and comments on my posts. Thank you for dropping by and have a most blessed day. Hugs, Prudence