Friday, July 24, 2015

The Clockmaker

It's Funny Friday
without Prudence

Remember the wonderful stories of the little old clockmaker who lived in a small little town?  Well, we have a kind soul here too.  He is right out of the pages of a Norman Rockwell photo album.  He is German, speaks with an accent, has more clocks to repair than he can handle.  Our Grandfather clock needed service after the move to WNC.
(If you look closely, Molly is resting on her bed in the family room - left of clock)
We found him (along with our local piano tuner) and made an appointment, he comes to you.  He came last November to look at the clock and explained that he would take it (the clock movements) to his shop and access the damage. He carefully wrapped each piece in bubble pack, and carefully placed the pieces in a heavy duty Rubbermaid® container, it took two containers.
  He was exact to his word, called exactly when he said he would and told us he could do the repairs but it would be a long wait.  On July 16th he came with the pendulum, weights and spend a long time working. 
He was in contact with us several times over the period of time and estimated delivery in June.  Well, it's July but we have our Grandfather running beautifully.  He came,
with the two containers, put on his clockmaker apron, unwrapped each piece very carefully and went to work.

Wishing you a very happy weekend.
Hugs

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful grandfather clock! I've always admired them! Glad it is working again thanks to such a wonderful man.
    Have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it wonderful to find someone that is reliable and does great work. Hard to find someone like this.🌿🌻💕

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of the few items of my parents that I was able to keep was their grandfather clock. It hasn't worked since my mom passed...it stopped on the exact minute and time they pronounced her gone. My aunt Momo, here sister, says I should get it looked at and fixed, but I can't bring myself to do it. I told her the clock stopped at that precise time and moment for a reason. I doubt I will ever have it fixed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is wonderful when you find a professional who is true to their word and work. Your clock is gorgeous. Have a special day!
    Blessings, cm

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for writing, I love to receive mail and comments on my posts. Thank you for dropping by and have a most blessed day. Hugs, Prudence